None Like Him Series Intro
Each year at Vintage Church we pick a theme to characterize our sermon series and ministry goals, and our theme for 2020 is “Experience the Kingdom.” Read the Gospels and you’ll notice that Jesus’ ministry was characterized by announcing the arrival of the kingdom of God (Matt.4:17, Mrk.1:15, Luk.4:43, Jhn.3:3). But what is this kingdom? And if Jesus introduced it, where is it now? We’ll spend all year figuring this out, diving into Jesus’ teachings on the kingdom and learning what it means to be its citizens.
Before we learn about the kingdom, though, we want to spend time learning about the King. Thus our first series for the year, the Attributes of God, will start with God’s nature. Specifically we’ll take January and February to study God’s incommunicable attributes, those that are unique to him alone like his omnipotence, immutability, and infinity. We’ll be using Jen Wilkin’s book None Like Him as a resource for learning about these attributes. Check out the video below to hear more about why Jen wrote this book and what’s so important about God’s incommunicable attributes.
More about None Like Him
Series Schedule andNLH chapters
• January 12 – Exodus 6:2-8 // Ch. 6: Immutable
• January 19 – Daniel 4:29-37 // Ch. 3: Self-existent
• January 26 – Exodus 16:13-21 // Ch. 4: Self-Sufficient
• February 2 – Exodus 32:1-8 // Ch. 8: Omniscient
• February 9 – Genesis 45:1-15 // Ch. 5: Eternal
• February 16 – Deuteronomy 31:1-8 // Ch. 7: Omnipresent
• February 23 – Genesis 17:15-22 // Ch. 10: Sovereign